Within the framework of the organisation of its biannual event called the International Handicraft Exhibition of Cameroon “SIARC”, the Ministry of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicraft (MINPMEESA) is launching this call for applications with a view to select an events-oriented Communication/Advertising Agency.
Generally placed under the Very High Patronage of the President of the Republic, this event whose 8th Edition will be held in 2024 in Yaoundé, Cameroon, will bring together about 1000 craftspeople from Cameroon and elsewhere who will showcase, during one week, their know-how. In addition to the exhibition and sale of handicraft products, the show will be enriched with several intellectual activities, benchmarking, interaction, networking, and various animations. It will attract a large number of visitors/buyers whose attendance is dependent on the effective and efficient communication built around the event.
Candidate Agencies must submit an original event project likely to enhance the value of the International Handicraft Exhibition of Cameroon, to attract sponsors and donors, and to strengthen its visibility. In addition, the project should promote the image and activities around SIARC, and ensure its large attendance by visitors and buyers. To this end, the Agency will work both autonomously and in close coordination with the Ministry of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicrafts.
PREREQUISITES TO APPLY
Communication/Advertising Agencies applying for this call must have the following prerequisites
– Experience in the field of the present call for applications is required;
– Existence of a legal status (at least two years of legal existence at the date of submission of the application);
– Up-to-date tax file;
– No litigation between the Agency and the Cameroonian administration/tax authorities;
– Location of the Agency in one of the cities of Cameroon (location in Douala or Yaounde is an advantage);
– Proficiency in the official languages: English and French;
– Ability to pre-finance (20% of the final amount) and rigorously manage the funds allocated if necessary;
– Ability to attract and win sponsors for the event;
– Commitment to pay directly into the account of the Ministry of SMESEH, the profits generated by the sponsors although 5% of the said funds will be paid back to the Agency;
– Proven professional experience in event management, media and social media management, marketing;
– Willingness to submit to an external auditor for expense verification (with a final audit to be included in the project budget).
– 13 April 2023: Launch of the call for applications
– 04 May 2023: Deadline for submission of physical application files against receipt at the MINPMEESA mail service, door 16T10, Ministerial Building No.1, Yaoundé.
– 18 May 2023: Release of the Shortlist after evaluation of the application files and details of the Specifications
– 26 May 2023: Release of the final result and signing of the contract.
NB: The other shortlisted candidates may be solicited to support MINPMEESA in the organisation of its other major annual events, for which the Specifications shall be detailed in due course.