The Ministry of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises, Social Economy and Handicrafts (MINPMEESA) was created in December 2004 by Presidential Decree No. 2004/320 to lay down the organisation of the Government, amended and supplemented by Decree No. 2011/408 of 09 December 2011 and recently supplemented by that of 27 May 2013 No. 2013/169.
It shall be responsible for the elaboration, implementation and evaluation of Government policy with regard to the development of small and medium sized enterprises, social economy and handicrafts.
In this regard,it shall be responsible for:
- promoting and supervising small and medium-sized enterprises and handicrafts;
- developing Social Economy;
- Building, in collaboration with professional organisations, a data and projects bank for investors in small and medium-sized enterprises and handicraft sectors ;
- promoting the spirit of entrepreneurship and private initiative;
- monitoring the activities of bodies offering assistance to small and medium sized enterprises and handicrafts;
- promoting small and medium sized enterprises and handicrafts products, in collaboration with the professional organisations concerned;
- monitoring professional organisations of small and medium sized enterprises and handicrafts;
- monitoring the evolution of the informal sector and studies related thereof;
- identifying and studying possibilities of the migration of informal sector actors towards handicrafts and micro-enterprises;
- studying all measures aimed at informing and training informal sector actors etc. (see organisational chart)